Inspiration for this project comes from Vogue magazine’s ‘73 Questions,’ with hopes of connecting our community to see what’s going on around the world in what has proved to be a new experience for everyone.
Name: Douglas Reinbold
Store and location: MDO Opticians located in St Albert, Alberta.
Position: Owner and optician
- Why do you love the city you live in? It’s biodiversity (Vancouver) and outdoor/big city vibe is the best in Canada.
- Why did you become a doctor, optician or buyer? It was random, I was offered a job to be a frame rep, and the rest is history.
- Why should you get an eye exam? Because it helps detect eye problems at their earliest stage when most treatable.
- Why should you change your glasses and how often at minimum? As we evolve our personal style and ergonomics of our life the visual and aesthetic should as well, so I would say at least every couple of years.
- What did you have for breakfast this morning? 3 eggs, 3 pieces of crispy bacon, 3 sausages, hash browns and, 2 rye toast.
- Bike, walk or ride to work? All of them depends on the day. I like biking best. E-bikes are awesome.
- Favourite colour?
- Favourite human (or non-human)? Thor.
- Who inspires you? Children - the freedom with which they go about their day inspires me.
- If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be? Hands down without a doubt the first Renaissance man I ever knew…my dad WILF!
- What would you ask them? How you navigated through nonsense.
- Night owl or early bird? Early bird.
- Coffee or tea? Coffee.
- If you were wearing a mood ring, what colour would it be? ..creativity, friendliness, optimism and confidence.
- What are you most excited about these days? The next phase, big changes coming, family, work and future.
- Who always makes their way into your playlist? Seal, Luther Vandross and AC/DC.
- Do you like karaoke? If yes, which song? Mustang Sally.
- What’s the last emoji you used? Red heart for my girl.
- Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or no technology? Instagram, Facebook…I like technology.
- What’s the biggest lesson with COVID-19? Not what you know, it’s what you believe.
- Celebrity crush? Scarlett Johansson and Charlize Theron.
- Favourite book? Helter Skelter.
- What do you wish people would talk about more? What really makes them afraid or holds them back.
- Or Less? Politics.
- Favourite destination? Thailand.
- Place you’re dying to see? Japan.
- Are you optimistic about the future? Yes, optimism in not a mind set I find it more of a behaviour.
- What is always in your carry on luggage? Supplements.
- What do you love the most about your job? I can give someone an amazing experience that can last years.
- Questions you get asked the most? Anything related to health and fitness.
- Is there anything else you feel we should know about you? I used to be a secret agent.